Saturday, August 21, 2010 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

a reason to bake~

Hehe..  
As every channel on the Oz TV are buzzing with the election heat at the moment, my oven is buzzing with heat from baking. What??!! Hahahaha.... 
Ramadhan is a good reason to bake? Nah.. I just love to eat cakes, cupcakes, cookies and anything that spells desserts! Thus, to save money, I chose to make them myself (apart for the once in a while treat for myself..heh..). I supposed during Ramadhan particularly, baking and having some sort of dessert do make me feel less homesick of the kuih-muih and bubur-bubur (local cakes & sweets & puddings/porridge type desserts) that are available in abundance back  home. And so, every iftar, I'll have some dates, a drink and some dessert first. I'll usually then pray before having the main course. Hehehe...

Earlier this week, I baked Kiwi fruit muffins.
Trying to be creative with the Kiwi fruit slice?! Haha!
And I've just finished baking banana-choc-chip bread. Well, the recipe said bread but I did modified the recipe a bit for I lacked a few ingredients and I think it became a cake batter. And also I just felt it's easier to bake it in a muffin tray. It's easier for me to eat too! ;-)
Oh yeah, I've also baked it in mini-loaf baking tins. I love all these minis!!! ;-)
Planning to make bubur jagung (sweet corn porridge dessert thingy) soon. Have been craving for it for some reason. Huhuhu...

Cheers!

0 comments: