Sunday, August 15, 2010 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

Do you have a dollar?

What is it with Oz teens randomly asking money from strangers in bus stops? 
Or is it just Queensland's teens? Or maybe just Sunny Coast's teens? 
I've been asked a few times while I was waiting for the bus at the plaza - "Do you have a dollar?", "Can you give me a dollar?", "I don't have money to go home. Can you give me some?" 
There was one time that I know for sure the teenage girl was a bit drunk and probably being dared by her friends. But on other occasions... Why? Is it a common thing? 
Just yesterday, a girl probably about 14 years old came to me and asked for a dollar. She was with 3 other friends probably the same age as her. They were swarming me like bees and it was pretty intimidating. When I said I don't think I have a dollar, they asked me to check my purse. They wanted to see if I really don't have a dollar. When I said I only have a 10 dollar note (which I know for sure that's what I have in my purse. I don't carry much cash. I always use my bank card), they wanted the $10. What??!!! Hhrrmmm...the somewhat like 'mugging' took probably close to 5 minutes when I finally say I'm sorry that I can't help her. But before the group of girls left me, one of them said, "I don't think you're sorry." WTH???!!! I was too tired and definitely couldn't be bothered. So yeah.. Do you have a dollar?


Cheers!

2 comments:

fazilah:g said...

Wawek, selamat puasa!

Well, jangan layan je. They might need money for alcohol or cigs. Trust me. Memang common, diorang ni semua suka mintak duit orang. Jangan kasik je, and cakap je ko takde cash dengan confident. Even orang dewasa pun ada yang mintak, scary. Just be careful ok. Tapi budak yang jawab baik " I dont think you're sorry" tu cam kurang ajar gila. Orang dah tanak kasik, dah la. Ingat senang ke nak dapat duit. hahahhaha...

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Memang scary, especially kalau dah malam! Huhuhu... Selamat berpose gak, Par-g!!