Sunday, October 4, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

...Bell's palsy...

Men in my family has always been the pillar of my strength. They show only macho-ness, obey strict rules, have strong faith and believes and are always responsible. I've always been very close to my Papa and have always wanted a boyfriend/husband that bears the qualities that my brothers have. They might not be the most affectionate, romantic guys, but they definitely have their own way in showing how much they care. I love all of you to bits!!! Just recently, my men in my life includes a guy that might not be the perfect guy in the world, but I believe the perfect guy for me. InsyaAllah.

I felt the urge to blog today due to my restlessness and that uncomfortable feeling in my gut. I couldn't seem to keep to myself anymore. Two of my dearest guys are face with God's test. They have fallen sick.

My dearest has been sick eversince I came back to Oz. Having sore throat at first, followed by mild coughs, and now, he's lost he's voice. It's been hard for him to talk, eat and drink. And he's not having good nights' sleep. He's supposed to be working today, but he'd probably, finally, be going to the clinic and hopefully gets the day off. He's been working so hard and personally, I think that lack of rest plays it share in making it hard to overcome his coughing easily as he usually does just by having a few drops of lozenges. I think it's minor. I just hope he'll get better as soon as possible.

My Papa was admitted to hospital last night. Limah texted me and I immediately called her asking for more details. I kinda cried myself to bed last night coz there's not much known on what exactly is going on. Limah was also a bit freaked out as she couldn't answer half of my questions. Sorry Limah. I didn't mean to put you on the spot. Earlier during the day yesterday, Papa felt his cheek went numb. The doctor at a clinic asked him to refer to the General Hospital. He was initially diagnosed with a mild stroke. By the time he was done with MRI and ready for ECG, it was already 10 pm at night and no visitors whatsoever is allowed in the wards. That is when Limah had to go home. She texted me then to inform me. Everyone back home seemed calm and relaxed which I should be too. But I guess I was just frustrated last night coz I'm not physically there. I'd probably be a nuisance to the hospital's staffs so that I could get more information and until I'm satisfied, they won't be able to chase me out. My dearest being all sick himself did made me feel better last night and reassured me that everything will be fine with Papa. Keep calm, pray and hope for the best.

This morning, Limah updated me with news that blood clotting couldn't really be seen. They still have to wait till tomorrow to be sure. In the mean time, they'll be treating Papa with Bell's palsy treatment. I googled it and here's some info about it...


Bell's palsy is a paralysis of cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) resulting in inability to control facial muscles on the affected side. Several conditions can cause a facial paralysis, e.g., brain tumor, stroke, and Lyme disease. However, if no specific cause can be identified, the condition is known as Bell's palsy. Named after Scottish anatomist Charles Bell, who first described it, Bell's palsy is the most common acute mononeuropathy (disease involving only one nerve) and is the most common cause of acute facial nerve paralysis.


Bell's palsy is defined as an idiopathic unilateral facial nerve paralysis, usually self-limiting. The trademark is rapid onset of partial or complete palsy, usually in a single day.


It is thought that an inflammatory condition leads to swelling of the facial nerve. The nerve travels through the skull in a narrow bone canal beneath the ear. Nerve swelling and compression in the narrow bone canal are thought to lead to nerve inhibition, damage or death. No readily identifiable cause for Bell's palsy has been found.


Doctors may prescribe anti-inflammatory and anti-viral drugs. Early treatment is necessary for the drug therapy to have effect. The effect of treatment is still controversial. Most people recover spontaneously and achieve near-normal to normal functions. Many show signs of improvement as early as 10 days after the onset, even without treatment.


Often the eye in the affected side cannot be closed. The eye must be protected from drying up, or the cornes may be permanently damaged resulting in impaired vision. In some cases denture wearers experience some discomfort.


Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_palsy

I really hope both of my dearest will win their battles and be all healthy and alright soon. It could just be a test from God to keep them grounded and definitely keeping me insight of everything that is important. Last but not least, all these happenings just shows how great God is and how weak we humans are.

To the men I've come to appreciate more and more each day of my life.

Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor

There's no other love like the love for a brother.  There's no other love like the love from a brother.  ~Astrid Alauda


5 comments:

JeP said...

InsyaAllah, I hope everything favors only good things for them. Will say a prayer for their health, especially your father.

Nur H said...

Let's make doa that he'll be ok, insya Allah.

metamorphosis said...

beb, my mum has bell's palsy... insya-Allah.. it is not as bad... hope ur Papa recovers soon! luv u beb..

hailwa said...

k.wawa! remember me? heheh..only found your blog today. harap2 your father will turn out ok

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Jep & K.Ija: InsyaAllah all will be fine. Thanks!!!

Sara: Thanks babe! Love u too!

Hailwa: Ingat2... :) thanks!!