Wednesday, October 14, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

~@~ I'm Going to Miss You!!! ~@~

It is never easy being in a new place. I remembered early this year when I first started my work in USC's Microbiology research lab, it was quite terrifying. My supervisor had brought me around the whole research complex to get me familiarize and I also had my lab orientation session where I was briefed with all the safety procedures, all the facilities, and met with all the lab technicians. Even so, I didn't really know anyone there. I do remember that with time (as well as a bag full of courage and me giving the sweetest smile to everyone I see), things got better in the lab. It got even better when I was introduced and got to know a sweet young lady by the name of Nubia. I believed that I actually had a decent chat with her when we met at the Grad centre. We were asked to share our working desk, which is fine by me. I'm now really glad it was her that I had as a desk-mate than some mean, inconsiderate postgrad student. I don't think anyone here is mean or anything and I've never really met one that is, but I just wanted to say that it was and still is very easy to approach and discuss things with Nubia. She always tries to be positive and ever willing to help anyone in need. I personally have always bugged her for even the tiniest problem I had. Huhuhu...

For the next 6 months (if she decides she wants to come back, which I hope she will) though, Nubia won't be around in the lab. She is now, as we speak, doing her last minute packing and will be departing for Sweden tonight. She'll be doing some of her PhD research work at Karolinska Institute. She's even on our Uni's website.

http://www.usc.edu.au/University/NewsEvents/News/2009News/NubiaSweden.htm

I'm so excited and happy for her. I know how hardworking and dedicated she is towards her work. She truly deserve the opportunity. I do hope she'll explore and enjoy Sweden as much as she can as well. Having said that, I can't wait for her exciting stories and wonderful pictures she'll be posting and updating on the internet. Kudos to technology!
A send-off gathering for Nubia by our research group. :-)

'Nubia-approved picture' Heh... ;-)

A bit blurry, but I just think that's a cute pose! :-p

See you when you get back!

Cheers!

2 comments:

fazilah:g said...

Wow, all the best to her! She's only 24 ?! Waaaa, terasa hina je aku yang hanya ada degree ni..hihihi.

Nubia said...

Hi Siti,
Thank you so much for this beautiful blog entry. I miss your beautiful smile and look forward to getting back in the lab.
Take care and see you online!