Saturday, December 4, 2010 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

reality bites~

Who comes to the lab at 7 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday?
That's my reality.
"Haih... Back to reality..."
That was what Fera said whilst packing her bag for home yesterday, after spending 5 days in the Coast. She came to Oz to have her long-overdue-holiday and of course, to visit me! ;-) (Perasan! Heh..) It was really really nice having her around. I never had a Malaysian friend or family member visiting me at the Sunshine Coast before (except Mr. Hubby). And Fera flew all the way from Malaysia! I remembered she commented on one of my blogpost before, saying she'll definitely come and visit me anytime, anywhere if she has the money. She did, indeed.
We could be considered as besties but I think people don't really see it. (I don't really see it either sometimes. Haha!) We knew each other when we were 13, were in the same class throughout our secondary school years and back then we have our own life and interests; she has her own 'group' of friends whereby I'm friends with everyone (Huhuhu..), she's one of the school's dancer while I'm with the school marching band, she's a cadet while I'm with the school marching band (Yes, the school band was my life!) and people don't see us together that much. We did however studied together every morning at 4am for a few months before our PMR exams, have our heart to heart sessions on life whenever it's needed (at the corridor outside the class?!) and went on a backpacking-sort-off-trip for a week to Langkawi 2 years after school. I supposed we did got closer after school ended as we lived nearby each other then. After 10 years since our crazy backpacking-sort-off-trip (mandi kat surau malam2 buta before naik bas!!!), we still have that closeness feeling eventhough we don't talk on the phone every other day or meet up every other week. We just try to be there for each other and hope for the best.
Enough about our out-of-this-world-friendship, let's see how fun the Coast can be! Hikhik!
Fera arrived Sunday night. I was lucky enough to be able to pick Fera up personally and greet her as she enters the international arrival hall. BIG THANKS to Ana & Cindy and also the sister ;-), Nubia, for their help! Ana drove me to Brisbane airport and Cindy as the co-pilot, accompanied me to greet Fera at the arrivals, drove us back home to Maroochydore and even stopped for food eventhough it was kinda late.
After Fera settled in and had a shower, it was time for bed. We didn't sleep until about 3.30am. Talking about years of catching up, eh?! Huhuhu... 
I woke up around 8 the next morning (I was hungry!!!), made breakfast and had to have it first coz Fera wasn't up till about 9ish. We just chilled for a bit and I initially planned to have Fera visit the Uni, Mooloolaba, the Plaza, etc for the day until I received a phone call from the x-ray lab. Oh yes people, I'm 13 weeks pregnant. Woohooo!!! :-) The lab wanted to reschedule my 12-14 weeks scan from Tuesday (7/12), to Thursday (9/12) and to another lab in Caloundra instead of at the Chancellor Park (the later is easier for me to go as it's near Uni). After asking for other options, I can actually do it on the next day, Tuesday (30/11). Yeay! I won't be by myself for my first ever ultrasound scan as Fera's gonna be accompanying me (Lucky she'd loved to be with me for the scan! Pepandai jek assume Fera nak ikut kan.. Huhuhu..). The only thing was I needed to get my blood taken for some tests to be analysed together with the scan results and I had to do it before the scan. So, Fera's Monday afternoon was spent with me at Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology lab, a tour of USC campus and groceries shopping at Coles. We didn't stay up too late that night. Heh...
I couldn't really remember what we did Tuesday morning. Kite buat ape ek Fera??!!! I could only remember I had to drink 1 litre of water at 1.30pm and hold it in till the ultrasound scan appointment at 3. Oh and yes, I kinda threw up a bit before we went out (probably because I was swallowing 500 ml of water in 30 seconds!). After the scan, we went to the seafood shop. Chips ahoy!!! Hahaha! Fera had fish cutlets & heaps of hot chips. I had potato wedges. It's supposed to be a snack but it turned out to be our dinner. We think the bloke at the shop gave us too much chips. More than it's worth. Oh well, we're not complaining. Hehe... After all the food, we chat and chat and chat until we fell asleep.

All the pictures are with Fera. She'll probably post them in Facebook sometime soon.
For now, let me show you the tiny being in me! Hikhik!

When I'm lying on my back, I'm about 6.61 cm. :-)
Ahhhh.. This is the life...

I have one hand by my side;

The other hand on my face. Or forehead?? Huhuhu...
How's my profile? Hehehe.. ;-)
Wednesday was a  half-day trip to Eumundi Markets. It rained when we got there but it didn't stop us to go shopping!!! Hehehe.. The weather did got better anyways. I had a meeting at 3 in Uni, so Fera went home and she had the house all to her self. We made pizza for dinner and kinda had an early night coz we need to catch an early bus for Brisbane city the next day. We nearly missed the bus for Eumundi that morning so, lesson learned! Huhuhu...
More shopping for Fera in the city and Fera's first words after setting her foot out of the train station; It's truly a city! (City nyerrr!!!). Brisbane city is truly a big one when compared to Sunshine Coast, eh?! Heh... I was kinda tired by the time Fera finished her shopping and we had lunch. Fera was being so understanding as I told her I wanted to take her for a stroll along the Southbank, etc but I don't really have the energy even after so much food. Huhuhu... We ended heading home by 1 and was in Maroochydore by 3. I slept almost all through the train ride and I think it gave me some energy afterwards. We went to the cheesecake shop and Bloomhill's Op Shop in town. More shopping! Hahaha! As we were heading home, Fera reminded me that we had to make bookings for her airport transfer the next evening. I totally forgot about that! We can do it on the phone but I had to get access to my bank account to transfer money to my Visa debit card to be used for the booking. We had to have internet access on a PC. We went back out to the Plaza, sort everything out, had a walk around the Plaza (luckily it was Thursday and the shops were still open at 6pm) and had kebabs. Fera sure loves the kebabs! :-p
Fera had a bit of sleep in Friday morning while I went to the lab. When I came home around 11.30, lunch was ready!!! It was the best feeling ever!!! Best betol ade org masakkan nasik & lauk!!!Sambal ikan bilis, lettuce masak air & telur dadar. Sodapppp!!!! :-) Although we were tempted to just lie in bed (coz the weather was just perfect for that!), after Zuhur prayers, we went to Mooloolaba beach and walk along the Esplanade. We were home by 5.30 and Fera did her last minute packing and got ready. I managed to cook some fried rice noodles (bihun goreng) for Fera in case she gets hungry while waiting to board the plane at the airport.

Waiting for the shuttle.. She came with a suitcase & a box. Went home with an extra box. Hehehe.. :-p
No drama, no loud cries (eventhough I got teary walking back to the house after the shuttle picked Fera up and cried when Mr. Hubby called to see if I was okay!!!Ishhh!!Blame it on the hormones!!!Haha!).
I really hope Fera had a wonderful time. I know I wasn't the best host but I hope I've given Fera the holiday she needed. I know she's happy coz she was eating none-stop while she was with me. Sometimes we wondered who's the pregnant one?! Hikhik! :-p

Thank you so much for coming all the way from Malaysia, Fera!!! It was one of the most amazing & unforgettable week. You know I'm always here for you and praying the very best for you. Love you so much my dear friend. Miss you already!!! Take care, Fera!
xoxoxo
Cheers!

PS: Really hope the lil one will be healthy and strong. Pray for us y'all!!!

10 comments:

Muna Zaen said...

Cool! ...n cool Fera..:)

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Cool kan! ;-)

Anonymous said...

wawek, congrats!!! =) take good care of yourself & da lil' one in your tummy ;)

-Syiq-

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Thanks Syiq!!! Will definitely do! :-)

Anonymous said...

nak menyelit kt blog ko ni..nak jgk la wish officially....congrats..miss skool n frens..

mazia

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Thanks mazia! Mazia?? Heh.. miss u mai!!!

cdalan said...

wawe!!! congrats!!!! take care of yourself!

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Thanks shida! You're doing great, kan? You take care too!! xoxo

fazilah:g said...

Tahniah Wawek!
Sila jaga diri anda dan makan elok2. :D

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Terima kasih Par-g! ;) xx