Monday, July 12, 2010 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

Sense of belonging...

Someone once told me getting here, to the Sunny Coast, is hard and it's just too far away from Brisbane city. Long train rides and limited bus services. The traveling is just too tiring and time consuming. Unless you have a car, it's not really worth coming to the Coast. In other words, I'm not that much worth of a company or as a friend to go through all the hassle of traveling? *Sigh* It's kinda sad because I have been traveling via public transport from the Coast to Brisbane city a lot; gatherings, birthday celebrations, giving support and just to hangout. Does it all not count for something? *Sigh* I try to make the best of my traveling coz after all, what's life without a little bit of hardship, right? I know, I know... I made the choice to do all that. No one forced me to! *Sigh*  (Hehehe.. that was me being all dramatic and feeling sorry for myself!

I guess when you're always with people from different culture and background (and not from your own country, that is..huhuhu..), you would do what some people wouldn't even think of doing to get a sense of belonging that you sometimes don't get where you are. I've been living in the Coast for 15 months now, but I still get stares all the time (freakish and strange ones too sometimes), I only speak my own language when mr. hubby calls me everyday (or when I talk to myself?!Heh..), I can't go out with other people so much coz sometimes I'm scared I will annoy them when I need to find a place to pray every few hours, I'm always by myself doing shopping, walking and just about anything and I even think in English most of the time now! Huhuuu! Having said all that, I still love where I'm at. Yeah, maybe I'll be alone and sometimes miserable. At least, I have a comfortable granny flat to go home to everyday after Uni, I'm still able to feed myself decently everyday, I have Uni to think and work of and I'll always have mr. hubby, me familia and friends who loves and appreciates me for what I am (errr..friends...not that many, but I think I have.. Don't I?Hikhik...) (Comforting myself and making myself feel good session! Hahaha!)

So... now that's all out of the way, just want to share more pictures of my crib and the surroundings...
the lounge / TV area and the front door front inside the house
accross the street from the house
about 200 metres walk to the bus stop

Anyone who feels like visiting the Coast and have extra time to drop by my place, you're always welcome.  (Do you dare to? ;-) Heh..)

Cheers!

5 comments:

RaudhahRuds said...

Bestnyer tempat Wa. Looks more like a holiday resort from the pictures I see. Enjoy the place while you can.

syamajid said...

Dear Pn Wawa, we would like to book your place for our next honeymoon hehe F.O.C kannnn

RaudhahRuds said...

wa, my blog addy is now www.gardeninheavenn.blogspot.com ok pendek sikit dari yg dulu :)

loves, kakdi

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Kak Di..
I do think I'm on holidays every day?!!!haha! I wish! It's really nice. If Kempas is all greens and calmness, here it's all water and serenity. When are you coming to visit? There are some very cheap accommodation close by the water if you want some privacy.. ;)

ps:loving the photo on ur blog! Ageless! ;)

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Dear Puan Sya,(hehehe..)
kedatangan Puan amatlah dialu2kan.. Anytime my dear! =)