Thursday, July 8, 2010 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

... granny flat ...

granny flat = accessory apartment / a self-contained living area within a single-family home, as for an aging parent (source)

Hrmmmm..living area for an aging parent, unit for elderly parent... I guess that's how granny flats got their name. Well, nowadays heaps of granny flats particularly in Oz are being rented out to just about anyone. Mine is built just beside the garage. It's still within the main house but I have my own entrance, lounge, kitchen, bedroom and ensuite. It's not huge but would be ideal for me and when mr.hubby comes and joins me.

Entrance to the flat
A tiny part of the lounge / tv area and the kitchen
3/4 of the room (mind the mess..huhuhu..)
Shower (and I get a washer! yeay!)
Own toilet with heaps of space! Heh.. ;)

I'm still getting used to going home to an empty house and having my very own space. Feels a bit weird maybe because I've been living with 3 other people since I came to Oz. It's not like I hate having my own place but I supposed I just need time to adjust. It's easy to get a little bit lonely as it is. Huhuhu...
I'm also still getting to know the place. Am going to make it as homey as I can.
Next entry; the wonderful view from across the house and where my driver picks me up everyday. Heh..
Till then...

Cheers!

9 comments:

JeP said...

I know the feeling of living alone in your own home. So I feel for you wa! But it's ok since you have more freedom to lash out after a hard's day work huh?

P.S : Nice crib! :)

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Thanks Jep!!!

fazilah:g said...

It's a good size house, cantik too! It's good to have your own place Wawek. Peace of mind, and since ko buat PhD, memang perlu peace of mind. :)

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

it truly gives me peace of mind.sometimes too peaceful nak bangun pagi pun susah, par-g! Huhuhu... no plans of visiting down under?

fazilah:g said...

Alaaa....plan belum ada at the moment la tapi nak visit ko! Tengah nak settle down dulu kat JB ni ha.. Nanti aku tanya2 sape nak pegi sana jugak. Aku ni banyak sangat travel sorang...hihi.

RaudhahRuds said...

Nice crib. I loike!! Looks so cosy and inviting and I'm sure it is. Hope Mr Hubby gets to join you real soon!

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Par-g! You're in JB? Whereabouts? Sometimes travel alone pun best but sometimes it's just a bit different if you have someone else with you, I guess. Either way, you are always welcome!

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Kak Di! I'm hoping and wishing he'll join me soon! Pray for us! xx

fazilah:g said...

Wawek, aku JB kat area utm ni la. Still tengah carik rumah. Somehow tak jumpa lagiii... Tu yang buat aku stress pening kepala dah la panas, dan nak jalan-jalan! hahahaha.