Monday, November 30, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

~a journey to the big city~

My idea of starting my celebration of Eid usually involves an express bus from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru, driving for 3 to 4 hours, or catching a ride with my sister or brother to go back to my hometown. Ever since I was 18, I've  traveled a fair bit interstate; mainly KL to JB and back. This year the traveling is a bit different though; particularly for Eid ul-Adha that was celebrated on the 27th November. I'm not exactly going back to a small, quiet hometown-like-place, rather going to the big city; Brisbane. Well, not that big, big, but bigger than Maroochydore; the nearest big town/city from USC. =) A bus ride and an express train ride which took 2 hours altogether takes me from USC to Brisbane city. I stopped by Fortitude Valley to buy some food from the Asian foodstore and wanted to have a retail therapy at the city but was too tired and went straight to St Lucia to the comfort of 243 Carmody Road... =) I've not been spending time with the St Lucia clan and a 'Taringan" (she's renting at Taringa..Hehe..), kinda miss them, so, Eid ul-Adha is a perfect reason for me to bug their lives...hehehe... Once there, I immediately learned how to make an Apple crumble, courtesy of Aina who despite fasting, had a craving for it. Well, I didn't exactly learned how to make it, I basically watched and amused her while she got down to work. Haha! ;-) 
For dinner, we had fried rice, garlic bread and Domino's pizza (specially from Taringa!Heh...) and complete with dessert; apple crumble! Yum! After dinner, our chef, Intan, along with Su and chief chef, Aina (:p), cooked 'lontong' for the next day's feast.  Everyone then just enjoy each others company while watching a string of reality shows on TV. Heh...

Yummy Lontong!!! 

Alhamdulillah, we carried out our Eid ul-Adha prayers at Mt. Gravatt showgrounds Friday morning and there was a mini carnival going on. Courtesy buses took us to the showgrounds and back to UQ.




Eid ul-Adha prayers...

As always, a visit to their homely place always makes me too lazy to go back to the Sunny Coast. The hot weather doesn't help as well. Oh so lazy to go out of the house! Huhuhu...  Initially, I only planned to stay a night in Brissy but instead it turned out to be a 3-nights stay. Heh...

We went for a night out in the city Friday night. Dinner at Satay Club Noodle House followed by endless picture snaps of ourselves and the solar-powered Christmas tree at King's Cross.

My dinner... (Kalau kat Mesia tak pandang nih! Haha! Eksyen!)

 Solar-powered Christmas tree at King's Cross
I went shopping on Saturday. I just bought a shirt and bananas. (Bananas? Haha!) We watched movies on DVD that night and we just talk and laugh and talk and laugh and talk... You get the idea. Six girls under one roof wouldn't be so quiet. Hehehe... And yes, I made a new friend as well. Emi, who came to Brissy from Melbourne for a conference. I've only realized that I don't have a decent picture of her and with her. I guess that won't be a problem thanks to Facebook and we'd probably meet again someday soon. Ahaks... ;)
I always forget how much fun I could have and how happy I am when I'm with my friends in Brissy. I just wish we weren't that far apart, or at least it'll be more convenient if I have a car. I guess for now, it makes me appreciate the time spent with them more.
Thanks so much for everything. You girls are the best!

 After the Eid ul-Adha prayers. Going home to 'Lontong'! hehe.. :p


Cheers!

0 comments: