Friday, August 28, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

ThE DAy YOu wEre BoRN...

"When's your birthday?" A question you might be asked by another person especially in the earlier moments of getting to know each other. You know, when you want to have a conversation but have no idea what to talk about...? Anyways, most people love birthdays. Some say they hate it. While others just don't make a big deal about it. As I grew older, I've become the later. Don't really feel that my birthday is a really big deal. However, I believe that no matter how you hate your own birthday, or you say you don't really care, you would eventually get a tiny bit of unexplainable tingling happy feeling inside of you when someone wishes you happy birthday. Betul tak??!!! (Am I right??!!) Hehe...

My birthday was yesterday. 27th August. How old am I now? Not so young, but not too old. OK-lah... Haha! It was a normal working day for me. I was greeted by my roomie, Denni, wishing me happy birthday and there were also homemade happy birthday banners all over the living room wall; they come in three colours. :) Thanks Denni! You're the best!





I went to the lab early and got everything planned, done. Eventhough some of my DNA extractions didn't work, I decided to let it go and repeat it the next day. Not wanting to ruin my happy birthday mood. Heh... ;) By 3pm, I was in my room. I went online and was so overwhelmed with all the wishes I've got on Facebook, Friendster, online messages and e-mails. Not to mention the text messages and phone calls. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

There was not a big birthday party or anything like that last night. It was a simple dinner with very few friends. My roomies, Nic, Sarah & Jo. We had PIZZA!!! And they made me brownies. YUM!!! :)



We ate, talked, took pictures, made fun of each other, laughed so hard, discussed about birth control pills..erkkk??? Hahaha!! I had lots of fun. I hope it was as fun for everyone as it was for me. I even got a big present!!!! And I love it so very much! Thanks guys! I couldn't have asked for more. I didn't really feel sad or homesick and I know it's because I have all of you with me. Thanks for making my birthday a 'deal' for you. ;)

Today was surprisingly as exciting as yesterday. Post-birthday jitters maybe? Haha! My morning was as usual spent in the lab and I was in my room by 2pm. Nubia and her sister, Ana, gave me a Forever Friends teddy. It was so cute! It's been a while since I had a teddy as a present. Thanks you guys!! Really appreciate it!

As I was lying on my bed for an afternoon nap (It was my first attempt in a very long time cause I was sooo tired & sleepy!!), my roommie, Sarah knocked on my door and passed me a a parcel from Unicentral's office. It was a gift from Mike, Yan & Ayisha. It was super cool and it made me cry!!! Huhuhu.. I received a birthday card from them as well earlier; with pictures of me & Ayisha. It almost made me cry but I didn't. But the gift was too much!! Hahaha! Here's a picture of my birthday presents' shrine. Hehehe...


It's not much but I'm not complaining. A super comfy curved pillow with ruffled pillowcase that I've wanted ever since I saw Denni's (Haha!), a cute Forever Friends teddy bear and a customized picture book specially made for me as well as a card from Mike, Yan & Ayisha. I love them all so much!!!

A friend's birthday wish to me;
"Here's wishing you turn not only a year older, but a fraction wiser and much much happier. May God bless you and bestow onto yourself longevity as well as enlightened spirits. Many many happy returns ek."

Cheers!

3 comments:

fera said...

wek..ayisha tu super cute!geram!!!!

JeP said...

aww..good for you wa.

I personally thought you had a nice warm birthday here in Aussie.

Vicki said...

Sorry I missed it! Happy Birthday dear, sounds like you had a lovely day. Last year on my birthday I was at a meditation retreat where you were not supposed to talk AT ALL!!! so that was my first birthday ever where no-one said Happy Birthday to me - that was weird!