Wednesday, September 2, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

Am I in Malaysia???

Hehehe... I was actually in Brisbane. I spent the last weekend with my Malaysian friends studying mostly in UQ. The main event was an iftar (break-fasting) organized by Malaysian students held in UQ's musolla (place for Muslims to pray), scheduled on Sunday night. I took the second train from the coast on Saturday morning and headed for Fortitude Valley; where Chinatown is and there is a Halal butcher. :) My main reason going was to buy some chicken breasts (which I ended up forgetting to bring back to Sunny Coast! :( Oh well...), coconut milk and glutinous rice. I was also going to meet up with my friend, Intan. She has some nougat shopping to do.

By noon, we were home at Intan, Su and Aina's place in St. Lucia. It's where I've always spent my nights if I was to stay in Brisbane. They are always ever so welcoming. Thanks guys!!! They then told me of the plan for the day. Well, we actually just stayed home for the afternoon and I eventually had a very nice nap on the living room sofa for a bit. Heh...

We went to a Ramadan Bazaar (food market held during Ramadan) in UQ. It was not as big as the ones back home but I liked the food anyways. Haha! Surprise surprise! There were about 10 stalls (I think) selling food; main courses i.e. rice (Nasi kerabu, nasi berlauk, pulut kuning with rendang, etc) and also Malaysian cakes (Kuih lorr..haha..my favourite!!!) i.e. pudding caramel, popiah, karipap, samosa, doughnut, kuih keria, kuih ketayap and many more. There was even dadih! One stall was even selling tudung! Huhuhu.. I also saw some kuih raya (Malaysian biscuits)! ;) It reminded me of home so much and this is the second time that I have seen that many Malays ever since I came to Australia. Betul tau!!! Huhu.. I had to restrain myself from buying coz I think I could have bought every single type of kuih there is. Ahakss... Lihatlah hasil tangkapan kami pada hari ini! Hehe... (Below is all the food we bought... ;))
We also had an iftar invitation at a friend's place in Taringa. Thanks K. Maz!!! She single-handedly prepared all the food for us. Nasi lemak (Rice cooked with coconut milk), RENDANG, ayam goreng berempah, sambal tumis udang and rojak buah as desserts with lots of oranges! I, personally say it was a birthday dinner celebration for me. Haha! PERASAN!!! Look at all the food!!!
We prayed together, ate, talked, laughed, inspected K. Maz's apartment, watched tv and eventually had to make our way home. It was truly a great night. Thanks so much to our hostess for the night, K. Maz.

Iftar on the next day was quite exciting. Well, I didn't really know what to expect but I'm just happy to spend the time with my friends. There was a large crowd and we stayed until the Terawikh prayers ended.

All and all, I would definitely want to do it all again. Jom makan! Hehehe... I enjoyed myself very much and was so delighted to meet all of my friends and also made some new friends. My many thanks to everyone!!! May God bless you all!

PS: I shall post all the pictures soon on my facebook. InsyaAllah. (Kalau tak pun, mintak la kat Aina..Haha!)

0 comments: