Wednesday, August 26, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

"RuN ForeST, RUn!" "KeJAr YoB, KEjaR"!

How many times did I run after a bus? Lost count of it. Today; 2 times... Well, I didn't really run like mad to catch the bus, but yeah, I walked really fast but didn't get on it. :( As I was waiting for the next bus, I've realized that there were several times that I ran like mad and actually got on the bus. Yeay!!! Haha.. I'm usually not alone though. Doing relays with friends; best time ever! Imagine the laughs we had. There is also, running to catch the train. Just recently we had to run up a flight of stairs to get to the train platform. Lucky we haven't start fasting. Hahaha... Wouldn't you rather run and try to catch the coming train than to wait another hour? Well, I would. Try living in the coast without a car and can only rely on public transportation. You'll know what I mean. Huhuhu...

When I first came here, I felt really weird. It took me a while to actually ride on the bus to go the plaza. The first couple of weeks, I was walking to the nearest shopping centre (which is about 20 minutes walk) to buy food and everything I need, and that's it. How sad was that??!!! I'm not really sure what I was feeling but I think it's because it's been quite a while since I've taken the public transport to find my way around especially public buses. I've always travel in express buses from one state to another back in Malaysia, but not around the city. Why? Because I've always have my car (or somebody else driving me. Heh...). Yeah, I drive myself everywhere. Eventhough I get kinda sick of driving, but that's my mode of transportation. It's the most convenient way for me to get out and about.

I couldn't really remember when exactly, but once I set foot on the Sunshine Coast Sunbus, we were inseparable. Hehehe... Nowadays, I'd have no problem going out by bus as well as trains whenever I have the time. I would go shopping at the Sunshine Plaza or Kawana Shopping World, go to the beach or visit my friends in Brissie. Whatever it is, I'll always know the bus and train drivers will always be there for me. ;) However, to put my mind at ease, I would usually plan my trips at the Translink website. They have a journey planner; just type in your destination and they'll have everything ready for you. They’ll give you the time, directions, which bus to take, which route, etc. It's really easy. Check it out! http://www.translink.com.au/ :)

All the talk on buses and trains remind me of a song...



"....So I walked under a bus
I got hit by a train
Keep falling in love
Which is kinda the same
I've sunk out at sea
Crashed my car, gone insane
And it felt so good
I want to do it again...."

I want to do it again... Ride the bus that is. Heh... ;)

Cheers!

0 comments: