Thursday, January 13, 2011 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

as life goes on...

This time last year, I was at home in Malaysia. I took about 10 weeks off Uni to prepare for my wedding, get married and have a short honeymoon. I was then probably busy getting all the documents with the marriage registrar ready as well as all the other details of the marriage ceremony itself.

A year later, that is today, I am experiencing one of the many effects of the flood crisis. I am now stranded at the Plaza; waiting for the bus to Uni. I missed the bus before by a few seconds and now have to wait for another 2 hours for the next bus. Of course if I'd knew earlier, I would have run after the bus before. Huhuhu... The Sunbus buses are experiencing fuel shortage due to the South East Queensland flood crisis. Their fuel truck did not come last Monday to supply their weekly fuel thus the action of limiting bus services. So, instead of 3 different buses that goes to Uni, there's only one and it runs every 2 hours. I have one more hour to go. *sigh* Oh well, at least it's sunny.

The river across my house here did spilled over the roads last Wednesday but it did not flood the house. Although Linda insisted that I come with her to her daughter's house on higher grounds just in case. We stayed there for a night. It was scary watching how when river banks burst and water consumed anything on its way on the TV and some of the houses belong to people I know. It's also a bit depressing.

Personally, as for now, I have to plan my days ahead with considerations that things would not be as normal as it always is for sometime. I definitely have to brace myself of any possibilities and changes in my daily activities. Having said that, 75% of Queensland is in some level of flooding and state of emergency. What's all these things I'm going through at the moment compared to the lives of the people in that 75% of Qld?

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

be strong dear

Muna Zaen said...

eh, no running while pregnant, ok..
ur house kena ke wawe'?

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Zieyla: Thanks, dear!

Dreamer: Huhuhu...lupe lak pregnant! Air sungai melimpah ke atas jln dpn umah jek. Nasib baik tak masuk umah. Alhamdulillah. :-)

Nur H said...

Doa semuanya selamat! this time last year single, this year double, next year, triple...:) things will only get better and happier, insya Allah!!