Wednesday, December 30, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

Towards the end...

Flight D72703 will be landing at KL LCC Terminal on the 7th January 2010 at 1525 hrs.
I'm going to be in that flight. =) InsyaAllah (with God's willing)...

I'm excited to go home, yet starting to feel sad to the thought of leaving my room, my study table, my office-like study chair, my ensuite, my pillows and definitely, the most important thing, my double bed.. Hehehe.. Drama, drama! Heh...

I need to put everything here on hold for a while now and concentrate on a more important part of my life. I honestly don't know if I can stop thinking about my research when I'm home later on. I can be a bit obsessed about my work. I even used to dream of my lab experiments. Huhuhu... Oh well, we'll see how it'll go.

The year is coming to an end and I guess I could say this would be my last year of being a single lady. Huhuhu... How weird does that sound??!!!
The idea of bachelorette parties suddenly occured to me.
I never really attended bachelorette parties or hen nights. I know it's to celebrate the bride-to-be. I don't think it's a widely practice tradition for Malays. But I do know some of my friends back home have them and of course it's a common thing for people of most parts of the world.
This is what the Wikipedia said;
"A bachelorette party, hen party, hen do, or hen night, is a party held for a woman who is about to be married The term hen party or hen night is more common in the UK, Ireland and Australia, while the term bachelorette party is more common in the United States. The term stagette is used in Canada. It may also be referred to as a girls' night out or kitchen tea (South Africa in particular) or other terms in other English-speaking countries.
The bachelorette party is modeled after the centuries-old Bachelor party which is itself historically a dinner given by the Bridegroom to his friends shortly before his wedding. Despite its reputation as "a sodden farewell to bachelor days" or "an evening of debauchery," a bachelorette's party is a normal party, given in honor of the bride-to-be, in the style that is common to that social circle."

I suppose I could say that I was celebrated as a bride-to-be recently. It was a very very small get-together and probably not fully intentionally done for me (Perasan lebih!!!Hehe...), for me at least, it was fun! Great company, good food and an 15+ French movie (Haha!!); I couldn't have asked for more! =)
The great food!!! (It's always great food at their place..Heh..)

 
 
The entourage... Hehehe... (Going to miss all of you!!! Huhuhu...)


Anyways, any chance I'll be getting one back home?! *Hint Hint*
Hahaha! Dream on, Wa!
Cheers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

gembira dalam debar =)