Saturday, September 3, 2011 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

Wait a bit, we'll get there soon...

Dear Aariz,

Mama have no idea when you'll be reading this or whether you'll be reading this at all, but Mama will just write it anyway. It's Saturday morning and Mama's in the lab. Yes, working in the lab on a supposedly off-day. Well, now that your Abah (Mr. Hubby) has started working, Monday to Friday, from 6.30am to 2pm or sometimes even later, Mama hasn't been in the lab that much. But things are going to change soon! I'm going to bring you to Uni on some weekdays, have Abah pick you up on the way home from work so Mama can go in the lab after, and Mama will also be working on weekends. InsyaAllah. That's the plan at the moment before we could actually afford a proper babysitter/childcare for you.

I miss you!!! Yes, that is probably why I'm writing to you while waiting for my agarose gel to solidify. I'm going to run some DNA samples after. You know this, you've been doing this with me for the past 9 months or so! ;-)

I don't have much time so I'll just go straight to the point;

I'm almost there in achieving my dream of having  a PhD degree. So, wait a bit dear, and you'll have all my attention and love after this. Don't get me wrong; I love you to bits and you and Abah are all I can think of and my world basically revolves 99% around the two of you, but for the time being, Mama will be dragging you all around the place, reading and studying while I feed you, leave you alone to play while I reply my work emails or do some other stuff, and have you be taken care by Abah or someone else while I work in the lab. Sometimes Mama will be under pressure and you might feel the stress but I will always pray we'll manage to get through anything in one piece. InsyaAllah. You might be confused and it could be overwhelming at times but it will make you stronger. You are now such a good boy and sometimes Mama and Abah think you actually understand our situation. You don't make a fuss if we both could not play with you all the time and it's just so easy to take care of you; day and night. You know there's only the three of us and the occasional friends of Mama and Abah here in the Sunshine Coast; so you make the best of what we've got. 
Thank you my love.

I have to go now. The sooner I get my work done, the sooner I can go home and be with you and Abah. I love you, son. :-)

Yours always,
   Mama

2 comments:

Muna Zaen said...

Rabbi yassir wala tu'assir...

cdalan said...

aaahhh...sweet..