Sunday, June 26, 2011 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

Wonders of Life~


That's what I'd say if someone asked me to describe childbirth in one word.

Yes, the bun has come out of the oven. :-)

He was 3.8 kg, 50 cm long with 34cm head circumference. The day was Thursday, June 16th and he popped out at 7.36 pm at the Nambour General Hospital's birthsuite no. 5. Heh...

I was a tiny bit overdue; 41 weeks + 1 and had earlier scheduled for an induction. The Doctor was happy to do it sooner rather than later considering the fact that I'm also diabetic. So, I called NGH's birthsuite at 6.30 am to check if they are not busy to have me (which they are not and we had to drag ourselves out of bed! huhuhu...) and Mr. Hubby and me were at the birthsuite assessment room by 8 am. I was attended by a midwife and the doctor came and induced me by 9 am. He stucked a tape thingy to ripened the cervix so it'll be ready for contraction and birth. The midwife told us we'd probably be at the wards overnight and still no sign of labour. I might also have to be further induced with prostaglandin gel and finally the drip if I'm not in labour still. So yeah, we kinda thought it's going to take at least 24 hours before the baby comes. But the unexpected happened. I started to have back pains within 1/2 an hour of the induction. It was a pretty dull ache but it was there. We were sent to the maternity ward and we just waited. The pain did get more intense as the day progresses and by 6.30 pm, I was a wrecked. I vomitted a great amount of water and few minutes after, I felt a gush of water coming out of me. I felt like I wet the bed. And I was definitely in a lot of pain. The pain comes and goes and I guess that was the contractions. As it was becoming more intense and more frequent, the attending midwives decided to send me to the birthsuite. As soon as I got to the birthsuite, the contractions were unbearable. I was leaning forward on the side of the bed and rocking my hips side to side to relieve the pain. Haley, the midwife that was responsible for me checked my opening and she was in shocked to see the baby's head! Hah! Then, it was chaos as Haley did not expect that at all and wasn't really prepared. I was so ready to push and after probably 3-4 times of intense pushing, our lil un was born. Alhamdulillah. What a relief!

The end.



It's just the beginning. ;-)

The proud daddy!
Haley, our wonderful midwife.
Thank you everyone for all the prayers, support and well wishes. We really appreciate it!

Lots of love, Azif, Wa and baby Aariz.

Will definitely try to update again soon.



Anonymous said...

congrats wawa !
take care hot momma ! ;)

The Dreamer said...

tahniah waweque!
alhamdulillah...take care, ok..

Nubia said...

Congratulations Siti! I'm so happy for your new family. Best wishes and lots of love to you in your journey through life! xoxo

JeP said...

A wonderful post, if not descriptive one at your first labor experience! Congratulations for the birth of a handsome son wa, our warmest regards to you and your grown family.

Selamat berpantang! :D


K.Dayatte said...

Congrats Wa.. really was waiting for ur post of first labor experience hehe.. take care sis!

fazilah:g said...

Wawek. A month late baru dapat baca blog kau! Now aku rasa I shouldn't have read it when I'm now less than 10 days from my due date, lol! Congratulations again, and again!

phatgurl said...

Wawerque! Aku baru baca blog ko...and you had your Aariz just a day earlier than me giving birth to Ady. How's motherhood so far?