Saturday, December 5, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

It's Not Goodbye... It's See You Later...

It's Saturday morning, Denni's at work and I'm all alone in this already empty place. *Sigh* I will be going to the lab to carry out some work in a bit. After a long weekend in Brissy last week, I know I have to focus and get my act together. I have less than 34 days till I go home for the wedding preparation. I know I wouldn't be able to forget my work and research altogether when I'm back home then but it'll definitely not going to be easy to study as it is at the moment. The only thing here and now in this oh so laid back environment is the pressure to chill, watch a movie or go to the beach! Haha! Anything to procrastinate!

Weird how I feel like it's ages ago but really it's not even a week since we sent off Ellie and Nicole in front of the Unicentral main gate; keeping them company while waiting for the airport shuttle ad help them carry their 'few, tiny' luggages on the shuttle. Heh... The surprising part was, Ellie didn't even shed a tear! She kept telling me that she'll be bawling her hearts out when we send her off. A good thing she didn't though coz knowing how a cry baby I could be, she'd probably won't be the only one drenched in tears. Haha! I was however a bit teary and I did cried for a bit reading her note while I hold on to my Crunchie Bar... Huhuhu...

Unicentral is so so quiet now. Too quiet for my liking sometimes. Even the campus is sort off deserted. Luckily, I'm always totally absorbed in my work and don't really mind being alone in the lab. Huhuhu... And I guess now I am better in shrugging of the sadness and missing everyone who has been making me smile, laugh and teaching me so many things (probaly too much!!!) for the past 5-6 months particularly here in Unicentral. They will always be in my heart and hope to be in touch. I know everyone is just really gald to be back in their own hometown and back to their family and friends; I'm really happy for them. I do hope the acquaintances and friendships I've made and built over the short period of time would be remembered in a good way, at least...

I remember Denni said how being in Unicentral sucks coz you get to meet and spent time with all these great people, and then after a semester, we won't be seeing most or even all of them ever again! How sad is that??!!! But then again, you'll never know, eh?! As someone's photo album entitled, "it's not goodbye, it's see you later", life is full of surprises. In a way, I feel lucky to have some things that make saying Goodbye so hard and glad that I have all the memories to cherish.

"Memories build a pathway that goes winding through the heart and keeps friends close, even when they are far apart"


Cheers!


PS: Have a safe trip home, Christina! See you when you get back! =)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup. i hate gud bye. ;) see u again is much better ^.^v

Ellie said...

:( It seems like so long since I have seen you and its only been a week! Or about that... I will send a long email soon telling you of my shenanigans since being a Krazy Amerikano in my homeland!
Oh, and don't worry I cried in the shuttle. I was surprised I didn't cry too but I think I was just too tired and overwhelmed.
Love alwayss!