Tuesday, November 10, 2009 | By: Wa@Wawek@Siti ;)

~the best of both worlds~

Why I chose to do my PhD in USC? Most people back home never heard of it. Most people in Oz don't really know about the Uni. And I can only say I'm here by the act of God. ;-) I guess I have my own reasons and one was that I was looking for research projects that I'm interested in and can be of benefit to the industry; locally and when I go home one day. I didn't want to be doing a research that is too focused and too fundamental. And I just have a feeling that I'll do great here with the help of my wonderful supervisor. Insha'Allah. :-)

It's not all a bed of roses, though. I suppose that's what you get when you're doing a research and to have people calling you 'Doctor' after you're done; there's gotta be more than just experiments and reports. You've gotta be creative, innovative, sweat a lot and cry bloody tears! Haha! Now that's over-exaggerating! I guess most people know its hard work. Nonetheless, it's very possible. I'll take it as a challenge. ;-)

Anyways, I'm starting to feel that USC is my now home. Well, nothing beats my home sweet home but.. you know what I mean..heh.. Em... I'm not yet as comfortable as I can be in UPM, but I'm getting there. It's a really small Uni but I learn new things about USC almost everyday. I attended USC Research Conference yesterday and it was really an eye-opener. This Uni has big potentials. It's starting to make its mark and is growing really fast. There's a lot to say about the Uni. But what better ways to get to know the Uni than browsing the website; University of the Sunshine Coast ;-)

On a lighter note, I spent a Sunday out with my lab friends. It was awesome! The weather was really nice, the food was good, the beach was beautiful, the dessert was heaven (ice-cream!!!hehe..) and most importantly the company was great. I really had fun. I was a little bit tired when I got home. Probably it was due to being under the sun for quite a long period of time. Well, I'm always indoors and rarely out in the sun. Huhuhu... We did also stopped by at an Asian grocery store at 157 Brisbane Road. I didn't buy anything coz I couldn't really make up my mind. I wanted almost everything they have in the store! Heh...

At the end of the day, I think, it's all about being happy and counting our blessings. And for me, it's also about satisfaction. I thanked God for everything, always and to everyone who's kind enough to be a part of my life.

Kudos to us! Heh... ;-)

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thumbs up

Nur H said...

bestnya kawan kita...:) good for you, dear...! sib baik ada akak baju putih kat tengah2 tuh...